[US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
User avatar
peanut
Knight
Knight
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:17 pm
Location: Washington state

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by peanut » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:56 pm

atmail35 wrote:Since my store sold out of the microplane poly in a few days (Sept promo), I think I need to go October 1st to get the apple and on the 17th to get the holiday set as I'm not convinced they'll have both promos available at the same time.
ya you're probably right - my plan to get 2 freebies with one purchase might make me miss the apple but I'll probably still try and if it's gone and or not allowed to stack I'll be happier with the holiday set in the long run.

And $75 bucks ahead in my LEGO budget for once lol.

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:23 am

I see nothing but a ton of the Brick Apple set any time I go to my local brand stores. I don't think they're going to sell out all that quickly. That said, I'm not as interested in the Brick Apple as I am in the winter themed set, so if they don't have any more BA's I wont' be that disappointed. If they still have them by the 17th, it will be a pleasant extra.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by gabriellee11 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Someone that have the October calendar...can you confirm me if the free apple set is the whole month or not? Because in this link it says it is until October 16.

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Anaheim/birthday.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by vynsane » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:44 am

That's odd... maybe they changed it? If you click on the link 'Front' under 'Larger Images' in my initial post, it indeed does say Oct. 1-31. It does, however, also explicitly state that it cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or free gift, meaning you can't stack the $75 and $99 offers in one $99 purchase.

It also says October 16 for the West Nyack, Elmhurst, NYC and Garden City store "special offers" pages - it's basically the exact same copy on each page, so it could either be a typo that was pushed to all store special offer pages, or it's a new stipulation to the offer.

Regardless, I'm still not going to spend $75 and THEN $99 to get both freebies, I'm in it for the holiday-themed freebie this month and next, and try to get the wife to agree to yet another a $75 purchase in December so I can get the PaB box.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by Zeya » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Today I bought a Winter Post Office and a $5 key chain and they gave me the Brick Apple set as a bonus.

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by atmail35 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:52 pm

vynsane wrote:I see nothing but a ton of the Brick Apple set any time I go to my local brand stores. I don't think they're going to sell out all that quickly. That said, I'm not as interested in the Brick Apple as I am in the winter themed set, so if they don't have any more BA's I wont' be that disappointed. If they still have them by the 17th, it will be a pleasant extra.
But you shop at the NYC store right? Isn't that a usual inventory item at that store? I've never seen the apple here before this promo.
vynsane wrote:That's odd... maybe they changed it? If you click on the link 'Front' under 'Larger Images' in my initial post, it indeed does say Oct. 1-31. It does, however, also explicitly state that it cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or free gift, meaning you can't stack the $75 and $99 offers in one $99 purchase.
This is definitely YMMV, back over the summer I made a purchase and they gave me the free Max Key Chain (I didn't even ask for it) and the ADU Jet Pack when I made a purchase. The Key Chain was because I happened to be there on "Club Member Day" (usually two days a month). I think all the promos say they don't stack, but your cashier may or may not comply (and the register/computer didn't seem to care).

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by atmail35 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:58 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:Someone that have the October calendar...can you confirm me if the free apple set is the whole month or not? Because in this link it says it is until October 16.

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Anaheim/birthday.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have the printed calendar in front of me and the Apple Set "coupon" indicates:

Offer valid October 1 - 31st in LEGO Stores Only.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:48 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by sidersdd » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:39 pm

atmail35 wrote:
gabriellee11 wrote:Someone that have the October calendar...can you confirm me if the free apple set is the whole month or not? Because in this link it says it is until October 16.

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Anaheim/birthday.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have the printed calendar in front of me and the Apple Set "coupon" indicates:

Offer valid October 1 - 31st in LEGO Stores Only.
It may be YMMV. I was just at the Indianapolis store today. They told me they've changed the offer. The apple deal is only until October 16 now.

I'm sure if you brought in the flyer/coupon you could probably argue your case.

ATXHusker
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by ATXHusker » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Does anyone know what the fire chief set is that is mentioned?

Chad

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:44 pm

ATXHusker wrote:Does anyone know what the fire chief set is that is mentioned?

Chad
http://brickset.com/detail/?set=30010-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 5:01 am
Location: Lost in the Temporal Timeline

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:12 am

Does anyone know if you need the coupon like cut out with the bar code from the October calendar for the Apple and the Holiday sets or can you just go in and buy the required amount for each one?

I sure hope the dates are still the same as on the calendar as I wasn't planning on getting the Apple until Monday when the Holiday set is available.

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by atmail35 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 am

1brickshyofcrazy wrote:Does anyone know if you need the coupon like cut out with the bar code from the October calendar for the Apple and the Holiday sets or can you just go in and buy the required amount for each one?

I sure hope the dates are still the same as on the calendar as I wasn't planning on getting the Apple until Monday when the Holiday set is available.
I've never been asked for the "coupon" you may have to remind the associate if the forget though, but they have a card at the register with all the necessary codes to give out the promos. In the past I've had to say, "hey don't I get XYZ free today?"

User avatar
1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 5:01 am
Location: Lost in the Temporal Timeline

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 pm

I was able to pickup the Holiday set 1 of 2 on Monday but the Apple set was gone and no longer available not even with the October calendar in hand would they honor it but I'm OK with it.

I was able to grab a 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van set and 8071 Bucket Truck set

I did notice on this visit that the 10155 Maersk Container Ship set was finally gone from the shelves.
I mention this because the visit before about 2 weeks ago there was about 6 to 8 available.

brickbuilder711
I'm New !
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by brickbuilder711 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Note, Sunrise, FL opening super delayed, lol. I wonder where or when R2-D2 will be built :razz:

How do I know? I'm in charge of the Brand Ribbon models, LOL. From googling the store and seeing me curious about this store to being in charge of one of the defining parts of the store.

My progress is here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=viewall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: [US] October 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:48 pm

brickbuilder711 wrote:Note, Sunrise, FL opening super delayed, lol. I wonder where or when R2-D2 will be built :razz:

How do I know? I'm in charge of the Brand Ribbon models, LOL. From googling the store and seeing me curious about this store to being in charge of one of the defining parts of the store.

My progress is here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=viewall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh hey! I've been keeping up with your videos on YouTube. Keep up the good work man. I would love to be in charge of the Brand Ribbon models if a store opens up here anything soon.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests