[USA] Target - Bullseye is back
-
Rhodebrick
- Citizen

- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:14 pm
- Location: USA
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
Spent way too much time looking at target yesterday. Employees were pretty clueless but found the one display in the greeting card section - empty. Second display in toys was empty too. I was basically told they were out if not on display. Had had enough and couldn't take trying to find the manager or service desk!
-
Rhodebrick
- Citizen

- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:14 pm
- Location: USA
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
Went back today and they had restocked.
-
LegoFanTexas
- Noble Citizen

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
I went to two different Target stores today, both were empty.
I ended up just getting 10 of them online delivered. I had to put $25 on each, but with free shipping and the "loss" of my red card savings, each one cost me $1.25 in the end. I spend plenty there so spending $250 is not going to be hard.
Hmm, maybe I'll do another 10. :) It is easy to buy $500 worth of groceries there.
I ended up just getting 10 of them online delivered. I had to put $25 on each, but with free shipping and the "loss" of my red card savings, each one cost me $1.25 in the end. I spend plenty there so spending $250 is not going to be hard.
Hmm, maybe I'll do another 10. :) It is easy to buy $500 worth of groceries there.
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
I didn't realize they were available to order online now. Does Target do "ship to store for pickup" like TRU has? That might get around shipping costs if so.
-
LegoFanTexas
- Noble Citizen

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
Shipping would only have been $1.95 if I had paid it, but since I have a RedCard, shipping is always free.
If you don't have a RedCard, get one... the $1.25 each I mentioned is due to the "loss" of my 5% RedCard bonus, since you don't get 5% off when buying them and you don't get it when redeeming them, but that is cheap in my view to get 10 of them for $12.50 in lost future savings on purchases...
If you don't have a RedCard, get one... the $1.25 each I mentioned is due to the "loss" of my 5% RedCard bonus, since you don't get 5% off when buying them and you don't get it when redeeming them, but that is cheap in my view to get 10 of them for $12.50 in lost future savings on purchases...
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
you can actually get the 5% d/c with gc. the trick is to make sure your total exceeds your gc amount. when you swipe your redcard to pay the balance, 5% off the total will be credited back to you.
-
LegoFanTexas
- Noble Citizen

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
Ahh, good to know...
Off to go order another 10 of them... :)
Off to go order another 10 of them... :)
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
I would think twice about getting a red card. Each credit card you own lowers your credit score at some point. Also, you have to really consider how much you really spend at target. Chances are some other card that gives %2 or %3 rewards for any vendor would be more beneficial (more rewards per credit card bill). Because that red card only yields rewards for target purchases, I think.
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
I have to say it used to be great with red card holders on Lego combining with aaa. we used to get 15% off all year long but things are not the same anymore.... Now we can only get 10 off 100 plus 5%....
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
you can't use the red card outside of target anyway.Zeya wrote:I would think twice about getting a red card. Each credit card you own lowers your credit score at some point. Also, you have to really consider how much you really spend at target. Chances are some other card that gives %2 or %3 rewards for any vendor would be more beneficial (more rewards per credit card bill). Because that red card only yields rewards for target purchases, I think.
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
I can use mine anywhere VISA is accepted.
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
natelite wrote:you can't use the red card outside of target anyway.
You can use the Target "Red" visa card anywhere visa is accepted, but you only get that 5% cash back / reward for purchases made at Target. Just to make it clear.vynsane wrote:I can use mine anywhere VISA is accepted.
I was pointing out that the reward being only good at Target isn't worth the potential hit to your credit score when you go for a big mortgage loan or something, and that from a monthly finances standpoint, you're better off with a more broad cash-back rewards card of some type. That's assuming you don't spend more than something like 40% of your monthly credit card spending at Target each month (abnormal scenario).
This might be fodder for a new thread. :)
-
LegoFanTexas
- Noble Citizen

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
I've spent over a thousand bucks at Target in the past month, the 5% works out to over $50 saved. That is well worth it. :)
True, for many people, it may not make sense, but keep in mind you DON'T have to get a RedCard CREDIT CARD, you can get the DEBIT CARD which doesn't report to your credit because it isn't credit, it is just a way for Target to pull the cash from your bank without paying the 3% credit card swipe fee. It also gives Target great data mining info on your purchase patters which is why they do it.
Good for them, they can have it, I'll take my 5%, we're both happy. :)
True, for many people, it may not make sense, but keep in mind you DON'T have to get a RedCard CREDIT CARD, you can get the DEBIT CARD which doesn't report to your credit because it isn't credit, it is just a way for Target to pull the cash from your bank without paying the 3% credit card swipe fee. It also gives Target great data mining info on your purchase patters which is why they do it.
Good for them, they can have it, I'll take my 5%, we're both happy. :)
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
I thought the 5% was just on the difference that is actually being charged to the Red Card, not the entire amount. Hmmm, I'll have to double check the next time I use one of the GCs.natelite wrote:you can actually get the 5% d/c with gc. the trick is to make sure your total exceeds your gc amount. when you swipe your redcard to pay the balance, 5% off the total will be credited back to you.
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
i just purchased the snowspeeder and pizza truck from target.com. it works. trust me.atmail35 wrote: I thought the 5% was just on the difference that is actually being charged to the Red Card, not the entire amount. Hmmm, I'll have to double check the next time I use one of the GCs.
-
silverspyder
- I'm New !
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:34 am
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
Thats not entirely accurate. I have 27 credit cards and a FICO score of 824. What will ding your score is to always be opening new accounts for some perk and to close an account you have had for awhile. The length you have had your accounts will affect your score, (so dont close an old account, just quit using it).Zeya wrote:I would think twice about getting a red card. Each credit card you own lowers your credit score at some point. Also, you have to really consider how much you really spend at target. Chances are some other card that gives %2 or %3 rewards for any vendor would be more beneficial (more rewards per credit card bill). Because that red card only yields rewards for target purchases, I think.
The reason most people see a drop in their score when they open more accounts is because they go and max them out right after getting them. Owing $5,000 with $200,000.00 available credit will get you a higher score than owing $2,000 and only having $200.00 available credit. (This is what the Loan Officers told me years ago at my old work)
-
LegoFanTexas
- Noble Citizen

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
silverspyder is correct...
Anyone wanting to know more about credit should start here: (in the United States anyway)
creditboards.com
Anyone wanting to know more about credit should start here: (in the United States anyway)
creditboards.com
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
I've worked @ a Financial Institution for the past 5+ years, mainly in Management, with Loan Officer authority, and could run a long list of my credentials about finance... You're first paragraph is most likely an exaggeration. I highly doubt institutions are approving for new cards with THAT many open lines of credit in 1 name... it sends up so many warning flags.. for possible fraud, and ability to repay. It IS possible to have a situation like you said, but is so unlikely and improbable...the 800+ scores I've seen almost purposefully try to keep their score that high, and generally have no more than a total of 7 Credit Cards....I don't mean to try to discredit you, but what you said is also not entirely accurate,silverspyder wrote:Thats not entirely accurate. I have 27 credit cards and a FICO score of 824. What will ding your score is to always be opening new accounts for some perk and to close an account you have had for awhile. The length you have had your accounts will affect your score, (so dont close an old account, just quit using it).Zeya wrote:I would think twice about getting a red card. Each credit card you own lowers your credit score at some point. Also, you have to really consider how much you really spend at target. Chances are some other card that gives %2 or %3 rewards for any vendor would be more beneficial (more rewards per credit card bill). Because that red card only yields rewards for target purchases, I think.
The reason most people see a drop in their score when they open more accounts is because they go and max them out right after getting them. Owing $5,000 with $200,000.00 available credit will get you a higher score than owing $2,000 and only having $200.00 available credit. (This is what the Loan Officers told me years ago at my old work)
1) When you apply for ANY credit, be it a car, home, or credit card, it has an instant negative effect due to a credit inquiry, generally 5-10 points. It USUALLY gets offset quickly if you are not applying for credit all the time, and are paying your bills on time.
2) The total # of open accounts you have will also have an effect on your score. The more accounts you have open, the more possibility there is of a life changing event that makes you run your balances up quickly. If you lose your job, and have to live on credit until you find a new job, from the lender's perspective: It's safer for us if you have 5 cards with a $1000 balance, than 10 cards with a $500 balance. We might not be the first, or even second credit company you pay back... the more accounts the more odds we aren't at the top of the list. It also effects the total minimum payments that are due. If your minimum payment is $20 / card... 5 cards means at minimum you have to pay $100 / month. with 10 and the same limit your minimum is $200... that just lowered your Debt / Income ratio which is how much you bring in each moth vs how much you must pay AT MINIMUM (not really paying debt down). If things get out of control, that makes your minimums even harder to pay much less paying debt down.
3) The length of your accounts has an effect on your score. The longer you have the card, the better lenders like it. It shows them you make good decisions (you don't open/close new credit cards a lot on a whim), care about your relationships, shows a longer term of repayment history (past performance is indicative of future behavior). Ultimately the company is thinking "we want to make money, but we want to get everything we lend out back."
4) Your debt ratio on each card will effect your score. The general rule is lender's feel you have your debt under control when you are under 40% of your max. When you pass 60%, red flags start to go up. Once again it goes to reflect the borrower's decision making and financial situation. If someone is only using $1,000 of a $10,000 credit line, I think they are using the card for ease of use, rewards, etc. If someone is using $1,000 of a $2,000 credit line, I start to wonder why they are borrowing so much instead of living within their means. If that pattern goes on for an extended period, it could become a concern. If you are using more than 60% of your credit card's limit, it makes the lender ask "Why does this person not pay with their own money when they are paying us so much interest instead..." People with high financial success will tell you to pay off debt as soon as possible, live within your means, and live debt free, etc... only borrow when it makes sense to, not because you have to.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.
Re: [USA] Target - Bullseye is back
One of the best tips I read is to request a credit limit increase on each card every 6 months. I set a reminder every 8 months just so I don't cut it too close. You can do it online instantly through your card's web portal. And it won't do a hard pull of your credit score if you do it every 6+ months. That will slightly boost your credit score (or at least won't hurt).
This is just an easy pro-active thing to do. Of course the best thing for your score is all that mentioned above (debt free, long account history etc).
This is just an easy pro-active thing to do. Of course the best thing for your score is all that mentioned above (debt free, long account history etc).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests




