Hi from Iowa

Welcome to Toys N Bricks. Be sure to introduce yourself here!
Post Reply
Wim
I'm New !
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 pm
Location: United States

Hi from Iowa

Post by Wim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:29 am

Hi. I'm Wim. I'm originally from The Netherlands but have been living in Iowa for the past 11 years now.

As a kid I loved Lego (especially Space Lego, and once the Technic Lego started appearing, Technic) but I stopped playing with it in my teenage years. It wasn't until I found a sale on the Ferrari F1 racer (8386) that I bought some Lego as an adult. I enjoyed putting it together and found a nice Technic set on sale at the same store. After that I was hooked once more and have been buying (and receiving) new sets every year.

I mainly go for Technic, but I'm also a fan of the higher end buildings (as well as space ships, even though I'm not into Star Wars).

My most recent build (finished last night) was the Grand Emporium. My next official build is probably going to be the Republic Frigate I just or the 4x4 Crawler. Not sure yet.

In the meantime, I'm sorting my Lego and updating my storage method. I'm going from the little pull out bins to actual furniture (Ikea drawers, type Alex) with plastic bins (Schaller). It's pricey, but it makes building quite a bit easier as well as giving me additional space to keep my Lego on display.

I'm also currently working on several different GBC modules, mostly clones from ones I've seen on YouTube. Nothing original yet :).

User avatar
Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Hi from Iowa

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:39 am

Hi Wim, welcome to Toys N Bricks!

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Hi from Iowa

Post by atmail35 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 am

Welcome!

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Hi from Iowa

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Welcome to Toys N Bricks!
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests