GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
dilbert12
Knight
Knight
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Southern California (Orange County)

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by dilbert12 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm

anakinisvader wrote:Now part of the buy one get one 50% off but only allowing a max of 3 at 50% off.
That is an online limitation. Only 3 per order for all qualifying items. You could do multiple orders, but it's not worth it with the shipping costs. In store should not have that limitation. I ordered online because I'm afraid they won't have any in the store when I have time to check.

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by vynsane » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Checked out the TRU in Times Sq. NYC - they didn't have any in stock, hopefully they get them in the next couple of days. I did grab 10 CMFs9 at BOGO50 - five Alien Avengers, two Battle Mechs, two Heroic Knights and one Mermaid for my daughter.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dilbert12
Knight
Knight
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Southern California (Orange County)

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by dilbert12 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Checked the TRU in Tustin Ranch today and they had the label on the hooks but those and all other polys were gone. I'm glad I ordered a few online as some polys like this are hard to come by and during a BOGO 50% they fly off the racks. They did have a full box of CMFs 9 though.

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by vynsane » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 am

^ do you suspect they'll not receive any more?

I noticed at the TRU in Times Sq. they searched their website first for the "R"Web #, which they then copied and pasted into their inventory software. This number can be found on any product on the TRU website by clicking on the "additional info" tab.

In this instance, that number is 354446. Might come in handy in order to call ahead instead of drive over, if it's a long haul.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dilbert12
Knight
Knight
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Southern California (Orange County)

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by dilbert12 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:25 pm

There was an employee who was very helpful. She saw me looking at the empty racks and asked if she could help. She took the barcode label off and went up front to check the computers. She said they don't have anymore and they already had come in. She said it was checked or marked with an x, something like that. She said that indicates they aren't getting more in. Don't know if that's specific to that store. It's hard to tell with polybags, but from my limited experience the minifig ones tend to be one time deals most of the time. Elf, Darth Maul, Zombie, Thor, Batman jetski, etc I've only seen once (only saw at TRUs). I've only been out of dark ages for over a year so I have limited experience. The only exception I've seen is the Harry Potter polybag with the potions. That sucker showed up for several holidays, but then again that was mostly at Target not TRU.

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by vynsane » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:22 am

I just called the Times Sq. TRU with the "R"Web # and the person I spoke with said it was "discontinued for that store" so I guess they're not going to get any more (or any at all?). Going to have to track them down elsewhere, somehow.

EDIT: The 'site to store' search actually works pretty well. I was able to find out they have this guy at the White Plains, NY store. I called and they're holding four of them for me. Gonna be a bit of a trip tonight after work for just a couple of polybags, but whatev.... and it will be my first Green Squaddie!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:21 pm
Location: PDX

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by FenrisAkashi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:10 am

None listed in Phoenix or anywhere in Oregon. Kind of insane how low quantity these runs seem to be ;/

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by atmail35 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Ack, I was planning on placing an on-line order with some other stuff to get free shipping and I forgot to chek out last night and now they are OOS. Oh well.

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by vynsane » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm

So a two-hour round trip ended up costing a lot more than the expected $11 or so... Sure, I ended up picking up five of these, plus a Friends Birthday Party poly, and four CMFs9 each for me and my daughter, but the TRU in White Plains is apparently one of the ones that has gone off the deep end. The CMFs were $3.49 each, and the Insectoid polys were $3.99! Sure, with the BOGO50% they were still below MSRP, but not by all that much. Add in dinner for me and the little one, and a full tank of gas, and it was an expensive night.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dilbert12
Knight
Knight
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Southern California (Orange County)

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by dilbert12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:06 am

I visited the same store today on the way home from work for the heck of it. The empty racks were half full of this polybag. Not sure if these were in transit or why the employee thought they weren't getting anymore the other day. Found them in Tustin TRU. They are impulse items @ 3.49 especially when you compare them to the jacked up regular TRU prices of LEGO.
dilbert12 wrote:There was an employee who was very helpful. She saw me looking at the empty racks and asked if she could help. She took the barcode label off and went up front to check the computers. She said they don't have anymore and they already had come in. She said it was checked or marked with an x, something like that. She said that indicates they aren't getting more in. Don't know if that's specific to that store. It's hard to tell with polybags, but from my limited experience the minifig ones tend to be one time deals most of the time. Elf, Darth Maul, Zombie, Thor, Batman jetski, etc I've only seen once (only saw at TRUs). I've only been out of dark ages for over a year so I have limited experience. The only exception I've seen is the Harry Potter polybag with the potions. That sucker showed up for several holidays, but then again that was mostly at Target not TRU.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: USA

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Toys R Us removed this polybag from their website (I'm assuming it will come back after the BOGO).

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: United States

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by bobl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Maybe it is part of an upcoming promo?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by unclephn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 pm

vynsane wrote:So a two-hour round trip ended up costing a lot more than the expected $11 or so... Sure, I ended up picking up five of these, plus a Friends Birthday Party poly, and four CMFs9 each for me and my daughter, but the TRU in White Plains is apparently one of the ones that has gone off the deep end. The CMFs were $3.49 each, and the Insectoid polys were $3.99! Sure, with the BOGO50% they were still below MSRP, but not by all that much. Add in dinner for me and the little one, and a full tank of gas, and it was an expensive night.
Welcome to Canadian prices! lol The only way I'm able to get even half of the polys that I have is through trades with fellow forum members. Next time you to make a trip for polys like that, maybe grab an extra for a possible future trade!

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by vynsane » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:37 pm

^ Apparently Canadian prices and Westchester County, NY are similarly ridiculously inflated. I forgot I had to also pay for a parking garage ($4) and ended up parking in the wrong mall because Google Maps Street View showed me a brick wall when it said "here's your destination".

It's back up on the website, with a picture now even, but still not available for shipping. You might be able to do "store pickup" if it's available at a store nearby.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: United States

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by bobl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Actually I tried to order for store pick up yesterday. They cancelled my order twice. So I went to the store, and bought a couple. They probably had around 20.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: USA

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by Marcus70 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Went to TRU yesterday, and since the website link was down, they were unable to locate them. Today, since the website was working again and showing stock, the lady found a box of 50 of them in storage, so I just got two. :)

Bbquicksilver
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 am
Location: Fl

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by Bbquicksilver » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 pm

just2good wrote:
Bbquicksilver wrote:Found them today at tru.
You live in Florida? Are you near Miami, 'cause the listing at my Toys"R"Us said that is the only place that has 'em.
sry for the late response. Im living in tampa. There is like 3 different trus in the area though.

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Canada

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by darbee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 pm

TRU at Metrotown (Burnaby, BC) had a bunch today, $4.99 each.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: USA

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Got a TRU mailer today, and the GS 30231 is free with a $20 purchase, starting March 1st.

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: GS 30231 polybag - anyone spotted these?

Post by vynsane » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 am

Marcus70 wrote:Got a TRU mailer today, and the GS 30231 is free with a $20 purchase, starting March 1st.
CALLED IT!
vynsane wrote:Hrm... I wonder if this will be part of a freebie w/purchase promo - don't they usually show up on TRU's site like this in advance of those types of promotions?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests