Lego Mindstorms Robot - Runescape

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Post Reply
Tepig003
I'm New !
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:35 pm
Location: Illinois, USA

Lego Mindstorms Robot - Runescape

Post by Tepig003 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:45 am

Hello, I like this computer game called Runescape, but sometimes it gets boring to try to get money sometimes, so I want to build a lego mindstorms robot that presses the buttons on your laptop or computer and plays Runescape for you while you do something else. The only thing I need from you is to post instructions, a link to a website with the instructions, a lego digital designer file, etc. I have been looking for a long time for instructions, so if you help me I will be very grateful and I will try my best to repay you somehow.

Neo
Knight
Knight
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: MD

Re: Lego Mindstorms Robot - Runescape

Post by Neo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 pm

A computer application can be run automatically by a operating system *shell - script - an interpreter based programming language associated with the operating system. - in Linux it would be cshell - in Window one way would be a VBasic-Xactive script. In addition, software testing platforms like Mercury Interactive's Winrunner does this much quicker because it is all electronic and there is no mechanical communication link necessary. However, the communication part is the least interesting part of your request. Normally - software capable of playing games require some level of artificial intelligence - and can be non-trivial challenges. In Massively Multiplay Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG) like Runescape, the Game master will change the rules just to prevent *bots* from taking over (oh no Skynet has taken over Runescape!)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests